Past Quality Program
2014-2015 Quality Improvement Scholarship Recipients:
- Sofia Tomova: Improving patient handoffs to ICU
- Cody Dashiell-Earp, Christine O’Connor, Eric Bank: Advance Care Planning
- Keith DesRoches: Core Measure Readmissions AMI
- Devin Loewenstein: Core Measure Readmissions CHF
- Cherie Blair: Patient-centered Readmissions
- Jennifer Way: Population health initiative: DM
- Bingnan Zhang: Population health initiative: CKD
2013-2014 Quality Improvement Scholarship Recipients:
- Jessica Howard-Anderson: Reducing readmissions in the era of patient engagement.
- Brian Lichtenstein: Clinical documentation improvement for high risk diagnoses.
- Justin Laube: Optimization of patient health history forms content and usage in UCLA adult primary care clinics.
- David Cho: Examine the operational workflow of medicine patients after a bed request to medicine has been submitted by the Emergency Room.
- Clarke Low: Improving documentation of advanced care planning within Care Connect.
- Sajan Patel: Appropriate utilization of telemetry.
2012-2013 Quality Improvement Scholarship Recipients:
- Christine Yu: Polyp Surveillance Guide.
- Shone Almeida: Readmission Reduction Initiative.
- Deep Charan: Preventing infection-related readmissions.
- Alexandra Milin: Improving mortality.
- Sayumi De Silva: Hospital readmissions, inevitable or preventable?
2011-2012 Quality Improvement Scholarship Recipients:
- William Huang: Improve the speed of delivering lab results to physicians via user-defined computer automated messaging system.
- Paul Di Capua: To assess the utility of measuring daily ionized calcium levels, measure potential cost savings for the hospital if physicians order the ionized calcium only in necessary clinical circumstances, and propose a plan for implementing a change in routine laboratory orders.
- Daniel Ling: Review best practices and current experience to improve the inpatient medicine signout process for residents at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.
- Gaurav Banka: Improve patient satisfaction with resident care by sharing resident specific patient satisfaction data with residents on a weekly basis at the UCLA Medical Center.
- Robin Tang: Develop and implement a checklist of discharge tasks for the multidisciplinary care team.